We aim to provide a personal, friendly and unobtrusive service to ensure you feel at home throughout your Tenancy with us.
We will arrange property viewings by phone or email at your convenience.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Avon Lettings 'the Agent')
· Holding Deposit: Equivalent to 1 week's rent
· Damage Deposit: equivalent to 5 weeks' rent
· Rent: one months rent in advance (this can sometimes be pro rata for the month)
An initial holding deposit (1 weeks rent) is required to secure the property, subject to credit checks/referencing. A copy of our draft Tenancy Agreement and details of our credit/referencing criteria will be made available prior. Once paid, a formal acknowledgement will be emailed confirming the amount of holding deposit paid and the specified date for the 'deadline agreement' (this will usually be 14 days unless agreed otherwise). The deadline for agreement is the date both the tenant and landlord are required to have entered into a tenancy.
The Holding deposit will be refunded in full within 7 days of entering into a Tenancy. This can be deducted from your initial move in invoice should you prefer.
The Holding Deposit will also be refunded in full should the landlord withdraw from the proposed agreement or fail to enter into an agreement before the deadline for agreement date.
Please note that the Holding Deposit may be non-refundable if;
- you withdraw your intent to proceed with a Tenancy
- you fail to take reasonable steps to enter into the Tenancy
- you fail a 'Right to Rent' check
- the credit checks/references obtained prove to be unsatisfactory to us due to you providing false or misleading information within your application form which impacts your suitability to rent the property.
It is therefore imperative that all information provided is accurate and true to your best knowledge. Any adverse credit or issues which may effect your credit checks or reference must be declared to us before the referencing commences. The criteria for our referencing checks are detailed below*.
Once we have completed the referencing and confirmed a move in date, the remaining amount will be due prior to move in and this will include the damage deposit (5 weeks rent) and the rent (one months rent in advance) less the holding deposit already paid. All monies must be cleared before entry.
During the tenancy (payable to 'the Agent')
· Payment of £30 including VAT if you want to change the tenancy agreement
· Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
· Payment of any reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
· Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy.
Tenants are responsible for Council Tax, TV License, Telephone, Broadband and all Utilities (e.g. gas/oil, electric, water, sewerage) unless stated otherwise.
We offer a fixed term Assured Shorthold Tenancy of 6 months with no renewal fees, however, if a new Tenancy Agreement is required at the tenants request (e.g. for a change of sharers or for a pet to be included) there will be a £30.00 (inclusive of VAT) charge.
We provide out of hour emergency cover for your peace of mind.
We undertake regular visits arranged at a mutually convenient time throughout the term of the Tenancy.
*Avon Lettings credit check/referencing criteria:
- Current and previous address
- Full names and date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Employment details and reference
You must declare accurate salary details and this will need to be verified by your employer. False or misleading information may effect your application.
- Previous Landlord/Agent details and reference
You must declare any previous rent arrears as this may affect your application.
- Proof of income if self employed/retired/other means
You must declare accurate income and this will need to be verified. False or misleading information may effect your application.
- Financial details/credit status
You must declare any adverse credit which may effect your credit score. False or misleading information may effect your application.
- Proof of residence: recent bank statements/utility bills
- Proof of ID: Passport or other as requested
- Right to Rent:
In order to comply with the Government’s Right to Rent Guidelines, we are required to check that all tenants have a Right to Rent. Usually a passport will suffice but if you are a non UK, EU or Swiss Nationality you will need to provide further documents. Please see the Government user guide for documents we can accept but we will discuss this in further detail if necessary.
Avon Lettings is a member of a redress scheme provided by The Property Ombudsman (www.tpos.co.uk).
Avon Lettings offer its Landlords and Tenants complete piece of mind that any client funds held by the branch is insured through a Client Money Protection (CMP) scheme provided by UKALA. insurance policy